Rosemary has stimulating and tonic , as well as antioxidant properties. Among its advantages, promotes recovery in cases of respiratory and digestive diseases, relieves muscle pain and is used for various skin and aesthetic applications.
Rosemary (Rosmarinus officinalis belongs to the family of Labiatae It is a woody shrub and bush, with a strong camphor smell that can reach one meter high Its leaves are leathery, pointed, interwoven with fuzz on one side; the flowers are small and light blue or violet color. To reap its benefits leaves and flowering tops are used.
Its chemical composition is rich and diverse; with antioxidants, flavonoid compounds, among other compounds
Rosemary is used as:
Medicinal Uses – Rosemary relieves joint pains, colds and indigestion
The uses of rosemary are varied and effective. Some examples are:
- • To relieve muscle contractures or in cases of osteoarthritis pain, it is advisable to wet a cloth with tincture of rosemary. It is also useful to combat neuralgia, headaches and improve blood circulation
- • Improve the functioning of the brain. It is advised to drink a daily infusion of the plant to improve mental performance, memory and concentration.
- • Drink your tea after meals improves digestion of fats, and its carminative properties, facilitates the removal of gases. It is even used as a natural remedy to relieve liver and bile problems.
- • Rosemary oil has soothing and anti-inflammatory properties, which is why it is used in cases of sports injury or to reduce inflammation caused by arthritis. It is applied with a wet cloth with oil on the painful area
- • It has a high iron content and for this reason the use of a daily infusion for anemia is recommended.
- • Rosemary oil is also used as an antiseptic and antibiotic encourages healing and prevents bacterial growth.
- • Since rosemary promotes recovery of respiratory diseases, it is advised to drink two daily infusions of the plant, in cases of colds or flu.
- • It is advisable to drink a daily infusion during menstruation, to relieve the discomfort
- • Daily intake improves cardiovascular activity and blood circulation
- • The infusion of rosemary is also used to clean small wounds, as it has antiseptic qualities
- • It is a plant with antioxidant properties because is loaded with rosmarinic acid, myrcene, camphene, are useful for treating diseases like Alzheimer’s. Even exert a favorable decrease the production of free radicals and prevent cancer action.
- • It is recommended for hypotension and peripheral circulatory failure
- • Drink an infusion before meals, stimulates the appetite ideal for anorexia
- • Hair loss: prepare a warm infusion and apply on the scalp, and then rinse after 10 minutes. Also Massaging scalp with Rosemary oil, enriched with almond oil, improves circulation in the area and stimulates hair growth.
- • Rosemary oil for its antioxidant qualities, is a good remedy to prevent aging of the skin, hydrates skin cells and improves the appearance of the dermis, and gives elasticity, freshness and brightness.
- • When nails look fragile and break easily, dip your hands in an infusion of rosemary, for a few minutes
- • It is also used to fight bad breath, and relieve sores and inflammation.
- • Drink an infusion of this plant to ease anxiety and promote wellness
- • To rest your feet, pour an infusion of rosemary in a bowl with warm water and dip Stay for 15 minutes.
More Home Remedies
To end bad breath or halitosis, mix mint leaves, lemongrass, rosemary and crushed fennel seeds in equal parts, and add two tablespoons of the mixture in a quart of boiling water. After 10 minutes of boiling, strain and drink every three hours.
To strengthen brittle hair, beat an egg yolk and apply on the hair from the roots to the tips. After 20 minutes, remove with an infusion of rosemary.
• Place several leaves of crushed rosemary and rue, and two crushed garlic cloves in a pint of alcohol. Use the preparation to rub the areas affected by back pain.
To reduce cold and flu inhale the vapors given off by a charged rosemary infusion
Rosemary improves _ activates immune system blood circulation, and also is used to prevent allergies and respiratory conditions
Pregnant women should not consume rosemary, since it is a diuretic and increases uterine contractions
ROSEMARY CHICKEN RECIPE
2 fillets of chicken breasts
3 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
1 tablespoon minced garlic
2 whole garlic
1 tablespoon fresh rosemary leaves, crushed
1/2 cup cider
1/2 cup oil
Preparation: Place 1 tablespoon chopped garlic, rosemary, salt, pepper and lemon juice in a bowl. Mix well and place in the prepared fillets for about 40 minutes. Next, in a skillet heat the oil and fry the garlic cloves, skinned and chopped When browned, remove and add the chicken breasts, along with Worcestershire sauce Cover the pan and leave about 10 minutes. Then add the cider and wait for the chicken to absorb it and take color. Serve garnished with grilled baked potatoes, green salad, or white rice.
Stop using recipes for Natural home remedies from those web sites that show only visitor’s uploaded remedies. Don’t put your life in danger.
Get all the secret home remedies used by naturopathic practitioners from all over the world compiled into one book — more than 350 pages loaded with more than 3,000 natural alternative cures.Read more