A contracture is not a serious injury, but it is annoying and painful to the point that can prevent certain movements performed normally. It is known as an increase in muscle tone (muscle hypertonia) due to an involuntary contraction maintained in a given period, in which it is palpable tension or localized swelling (taut band) hurts and hinders the normal functioning of muscle. Alleviate muscle contractures naturally with rosemary and lavender. The most frequent and less severe occur when the force or certain muscle groups that are not conditioned enough to do so. The most common types of contractures include:
In an effort: When performing any exercise, the body metabolizes active substances to produce movement. This process causes these active substances are transformed into other waste or inactive (called metabolites). When the effort is high, either because of the hardness of exercise or lack of training, the body is unable to debug these metabolites through the bloodstream, they accumulate and causing pain and inflammation.
After the effort: The lesion appears by the inability of muscle to return to its resting state. Sometimes intense exercise where the muscle has been subjected to a heavy workload, this is unable to return to its natural state of relaxation by the accumulated fatigue.
Residual: After a serious injury (fiber breakage, fracture, sprain or blunt trauma), the muscle adjacent to the injured area tends to shrink as a protection mechanism, which makes the adjacent musculature tense up and contract.
Contractures that cause much pain – Alleviate muscle contractures naturally with rosemary and lavender
The most typical and common symptoms of muscle contractures are pain and limitation of movement. Basically they can arise as a result of two situations:
● When you are required to muscle superior work that is trained to perform, whether timely and intense (as in the case of repetitive strain injury), or by a sustained effort, but not so strong, for instance remain in one position inadequate for some time.
● When the muscle is weak and not enough to develop the work to be performed by power. There is an age in which frame the injury contracture, but generalities that make certain people more likely than others to tract them. For example:
● Physical inactivity causes the absence of sufficient muscle tone. Thus, upon physical exertion, the muscle is unable to take that effort and overload contractures appear.
● In addition, excessive activity, or excessive intensity, can cause the same harmful pattern. Despite having excellent physical condition, if the activities exceed the capabilities to assume an imbalance between effort and ability to respond to this effort occurs.
● They tend to occur in older people, since the loss of elasticity in muscles and joints is inherent to the aging process.
● People with stress are some of the leading candidates to allergies. ● Those who perform jobs that require heavy lifting not only but for example remain for hours in front of the computer, suffering back spasms if they fail to correct postural hygiene. People who practice a sport in which movements are repeated on continuously, are also likely to suffer.
To treat a muscle spasm, first must be avoided mechanism that causes the injury. For example, if an exercise or repetition of a movement the cause, must be avoided. In this case, the rest is usually the best method of healing.
Another valid treatment involves applying dry heat in the affected area, by using heating pads. Heat is a potent vasodilator, which contributes to blood purification muscle segment, in addition to providing an immediate sense of relief for its analgesic effect and relax.
Meanwhile, contrast baths are another way to alleviate the pain. Consist not alter-use hot and cold water to cause successive reactions of vasoconstriction and vasodilatation, and thus stimulate circulation in the treated limb.
It should be noted that the massages are the most effective and natural method, provided that perform a professional. They can also take drugs (muscle relaxant or anti-inflammatory) course prescribed by your doctor.
Home Remedies for Muscle contractures – Alleviate contractures naturally with rosemary and lavender
Some solutions to prepare at home and relieve the annoying contractures are: ● Fill the tub with hot water and pour 250 gr. Epson salt, five drops of essential oil of marjoram, rosemary five drops of lavender and five. Stay for 20 minutes. ● Prepare an infusion of thyme or rosemary. Once ready, drain and mix with a handful of clay (green or red) to a density similar to a puree. Apply warm (without burning) on the affected area. then remove 20 minutes. ● Boil 250 ml. water and place a spoonful of passionflower for five minutes. Cover and cool. Strain and drink daily for two weeks. This infusion helps to relax the muscles.
● Soak a cotton cloth with warm water, and apply to the affected area where the muscle is.
● Make gentle massage with oils of cypress, marjoram, rosemary, black pepper and thyme.
● Crush a handful of fresh rosemary leaves, five nails and two cinnamon sticks, and then add a teaspoon of ground ginger. Pour all ingredients in a bottle of red wine. Close and marinate for 10 days. After that, strain and store in a sealable container. Dip a cloth and apply on the affected area.
● Wrap the area “contracted” with a wet cloth with apple cider vinegar. Leave on for 15 minutes.
● Drink an infusion of valerian to relieve cervical contracture. It presents a great calming effect for anxiety.