Poisonous Plants

Poisonous Plants: KNOW THE SPECIES THAT CAUSE ALLERGIES AND PREVENTION MEASURES IN CASE OF CONTACT DERMATITIS.

As we have discussed in other opportunities, allergic paintings by ingestion or contact with items such as drugs, fungi, dust mites, animal hair or dander, insect stings, pollen and plants, in some cases, may occur are harmful to the body and can cause mild to more complex reactions.

Allergic plants

Poison ivy, poison oak, and poison sumac are plants that, in contact with skin can cause contact dermatitis.

The dermatitis is the inflammatory response of the skin to contact with allergens, irritants, sun exposure or stress.

Symptoms:

Among the most frequent allergic signs stand

Redness Swelling, Blistering, Intense itching.

In general, the reaction may occur one hour after contact or up to 48 hours later. In most cases, the discomfort can last up to 5 days and disappear completely after 1 to 2 weeks.


PREVENTION MEASURES

Learn to recognize the oak, ivy and sumac. Find pictures below to help you detect them.

Teach children to identify them and explain to them that they should avoid skin contact with oils (resins) of the plant.

Do not allow them to grow close to home, and remember that you can not burn and smoke inhalation that is so harmful as contact.

Use shirt or long sleeve shirt, pants and socks long if you walk in areas where these plants can be found or has decided to get them out of your yard. In the latter case, use thick gardening gloves.

Identifying Poisonous Plants

While these plants are difficult to identify because they are transformed and hide, these features can help you recognize them.

It is important to note, moreover, that change shape according to the season. Therefore, it may be useful to remember the following:

Spring can acquire a reddish appearance, ie a near red wine color. In summer they get completely green. Some-such as poison ivy, are darker than the others.

In fall leaves may turn yellow, turn a light brown hue and then darken.

What to do in case of contact

Take off with a cloth with cold water and soap resin plant to prevent a skin reaction.


Avoid scrubbing the area and scratching


Do not bathe; otherwise the oil will favor spreading to other body parts.

Wash all clothes, watch, chains or rings that have been in contact with the ground. Also the shoes he was wearing.


No alcohol is applied, as it can aggravate the itching. Cover broken blisters with sterile gauze to prevent infection and consult a dermatologist.


If you experience an allergic reaction that affects your eyes, face or genitals, see a physician immediately.


Surely will prescribe a treatment with cortisone or antihistamine, either oral or topical form.

Find Home Remedies for Poison Ivy






























Stop using recipes for Natural home remedies from those websites that show only visitor’s uploaded remedies. Don’t put your life in danger.


Get all the secret home remedies used by naturopathic practitioners from all over the world compiled into one book — more than 350 pages loaded with more than 3,000 natural alternative cures.Read more