Updated: Apr 18, 2020
Pearls of the Orient, for more than two centuries edible mushrooms have been used by Japanese and Chinese as natural remedies ago. Now, we find in the West, and begin to value for its incredible healing powers. The best known are the shiitake, reishi, maitake and mushrooms. Here their properties.
The Traditional Chinese Medicine has investigated, since ancient times, the health effects of a variety of fungi. As for the West, the discovery of penicillin in 1929 by the bacteriologist Alexander Fleming (caused by a fungus called Penicillium notatum), refers to the first antibiotic used widely.
Mushrooms like shiitake, reishi, maitake or Mushroom of the sun, have been shown in numerous laboratory studies its ability to strengthen the immune system without producing toxic effects.
The common factor of all fungi is the presence of a natural polysaccharide, beta-glucan, which scientists now recognize their value as a big anticarcinogenic and immunomodulatory therapeutic remedy. No wonder that the search for new antitumor and other medicinal products based on these substances has become a matter of great interest, which more and more resources are devoted, given the difficulty of defining and try to play most of active substances in the mushroom. Now, one by one, the best known medicinal mushrooms:
Healing properties of mushrooms
• Shiitake Mushroom. To heal the body and nourish the spirit. The Shiitake (Lentinula edodes) is the second most cultivated mushroom in the world and is the first agricultural exportation of Japan, where it is grown on oak logs and is considered an elixir of life. The content of vitamins B12 and D explains its property to reduce cholesterol and blood pressure. His polysaccharides are effective in the prevention of cancer for their antiviral and immunostimulant properties. Lab was shown to inhibit the growth of tumors and sarcomas. It has lots of easy assimilation of amino acids. Prized for its delicious taste, also for its medicinal qualities, is probably the fungus on which has highest number of investigations conducted. Dr. Li Shih-Chen and praised its properties in 1578:
Containing polysaccharides have demonstrated antitumor properties. In Chinese medicine, this mushroom is suitable for toning the Qi (energy) and blood. Other indications: fatigue, dizziness, chronic cough, allergies, frequent colds. For its wealth of niacin (B3) shiitake is one of the most effective natural remedies to lower cholesterol; reduces stress; acts against the hardening of the blood vessels; ideal for treating rheumatoid arthritis, chronic fatigue and as a fungicide.
• Reishi: The Mushroom of Immortality In Traditional Chinese Medicine Hannan as “food cures” or “mushroom of immortality” for its anti-aging properties. Thus, ensure that it is a vital stimulant and immunostimulant, liver cleanser energy, voltage regulator and blood lipids, and stimulating lung function. Apparently reduces the side effects of some drugs used in chemotherapy; aid in cancer and controls the possibility of metastasis. Besides used as an antioxidant and anti-inflammatory. It also appears that the Reishi reduces hepatic collagen content, and normalizes the altered liver structure. For this reason, support in the following conditions: hepatitis, liver cirrhosis, processes oncology, hypertension, allergic processes.
It is another edible mushroom that grows in the northeastern region of Japan, Asia, Europe and eastern North America. It has been used for over 2000 years in the eastern culture, both for being a culinary delicacy, for its medicinal properties. Numerous investigations have confirmed that “ingested over a long period, the agility of the body will not cease, and life Today lengthen their therapeutic abilities have been confirmed to the Western way. Through this we know that its most powerful component is a polysaccharide called Lentinan, which appears to stimulate the production of T lymphocytes containing other polysaccharides, has that maitake is a rich source of certain polysaccharides that boost the immune function of the body. earlier in the decade of the 80s the Japanese mycologist Hiroaki Nanba , of Kobe pharmaceutical University Ilego to the conclusion that the maitake polysaccharides had a unique structure, and demonstrated that their consumption could a pronounced antitumor and immunomodulatory effect, greater than that of other medicinal mushrooms.
The clinical investigation of its efficacy in the treatment of cancer and HIV has increased, too, in the final years. Clinical studies of patients with colorectal cancer and breast, are currently underway in the United States. In laboratory studies have repeatedly shown that maitake extract can inhibit the growth of tumors.
• Champinon del Sol: the “Sierra de Piedade” Blazei (Agaricus blazei Murill) is discovered by the Japanese in Brazil fungus. Considered the best gastronomic world champignon, is both one of the most interesting fungi, according to the studies of science in biotechnology and medicine. Clinical trials account for their benefits against different types of pathologies such as cancer, diabetes, hepatitis, hypertension, and as a functional food, boosting the immune system, reducing fat, lowering cholesterol, regulating stress and as protector of the liver.
OTHER HEALING MUSHROOM
• Fungus Cordyceps (Cordyceps sinensis): It is a good tonic, which is usually recommended for fatigue, chronic fatigue, or sensation of extreme weakness. It is also used to enhance athletic performance. Strengthens the immune system. It can be of support in the fight against cancer, increasing the patient’s resistance.
• Coriolus versicolor. Indicated in the stimulation of the immune system, while benefiting other organs acts. It stimulates the immune system response. Indicated in cases of fibromyalgia and chronic fatigue. Antioxidant effect.
• Maitake. It is a fungus of the Asian countries, traditionally prized for its effects on the immune system.
WHAT ARE THE TIBETAN MUSHROOM?
Tibicos, also known as Keir water, water Bulgarians, Tibis or Tibetan Mushrooms are probiotic organisms resulting from Ia symbiotic association between a fungus and a yeast bacteria. These fungi have been classified by many as miraculous for various pains and diseases:
Joints: Relieves rheumatism, arthritis, muscle aches and tips.
Muscles Relieves shoulders neck and relaxes hardened. Obesity: Da health to thin and burn fat obese.
Lungs: Strengthens and propensity to cure bronchitis, cough removes Ia, Ia decreases phlegm and cure asthma. Kidneys help to urinate right, decreases the possibility of load.
Blood: Lowers cholesterol, softens hardened arteries and veins, down the glucose in diabetes, hypertension and decreases the hemorrhoids removed.
Stomach and intestines: Prevents constipation, helps digestion, cure stomach load, cure diarrhea. Nerves: Sana nerve pain, herpes, insomnia and dizziness.
Mushrooms like shiitake, reishi, maitake mushrooms or sun, have been shown in numerous laboratory studies its ability to strengthen the immune system without producing toxic effects.
The common factor of all is the presence of fungi naturally polisaccirido, beta-glucan, which scientists now recognize their value as a big anticarcinogenic and immunomodulatory therapeutic remedy.