Urticaria It is a reaction of the skin characterized by the presence of light or reddish welts color, accompanied by itching. Usually responds to infectious, medicated, immunological or nutritional factors.
The term comes from urtica urticaria Latin meaning “nettle” and refers to a process that causes skin intense itching or burning sensation, accompanied by the appearance of lesions Chronic urticaria (hives) on the skin surface and sometimes mucous .
The lesions are caused by vasodilation and edema of the superficial dermis, which leave no mark or injury to the skin. Area most often affected are the torzo and chest; however, it can be presented as generalized urticaria on the body surface or much of it. It is a common disease that can occur at any age, but several works showed increased tendency in adolescents and young adults.
DIFFERENT TYPES OF HIVES
Urticaria is classified as:
- Acute: when allergic reactions occur less to six weeks duration. It is usually caused by reactions to certain drugs or food (mainly seafood), insect bites, infections, allergy to pollen, pets or other animals.
- Sporadic: Which occurs in outbreaks, with variable duration and time between attacks in which the patient is asymptomatic.
- Cronic: lasts longer than six weeks. Its exact cause is unknown; sometimes associated with immune system diseases such as lupus, another serious even stress their triggers.
It is important to differentiate urticaria angioedema. While in the first case the damage occurs at the surface of the skin, angioedema occur in the deeper layers of the dermis and other tissue. Since urticaria has many triggers, for diagnosis the doctor could find their causes through a series of specific questions to the patient, and moreover, try the symptoms that accompany the condition. Later lab tests to rule out other diseases and allergologic tests (Prick test or prick) to identify certain allergens as triggers of hives request.
If the urticaria is mild, no treatment may be required and disappear spontaneously. To reduce itching and inflammation, it is advisable to avoid hot baths or showers and irritating the area with tight clothes. Otherwise, as assessed by the clinical picture, it is likely that the health care professional may prescribe antihistamines.
When not determined the exact cause of hives, it is advisable to implement an elimination diet, which is to eliminate potential food allergens from the diet. During the process, you have to keep a diary of foods consumed (types and quantities) along with the symptoms that are experienced. Since being introduced one at a time, you can identify one that triggers the symptoms of urticaria.
The foods typically removed from the diet are dairy products, eggs, citrus fruits, foods made with corn or gluten and processed.
Other aspects to consider are:
Green tea, commonly known for its health benefits, it also has antihistamine effects.
- Restrictions histamine. It is a protein involved in allergic reactions.
- When histamine is released into the body, the blood vessels become more permeable, as a result, fluids are precipitated in the area and cause inflammation. Histamine also causes the smooth muscle to contract, which can be very dangerous when it affects the muscles around the airways. Since histamine plays an important role in allergic reactions, your doctor will recommend avoiding foods that contain it to lessen the severity of urticaria.
- Dietary restriction of histamine, avoid: cheese, yogurt, seafood, fish, eggs, chocolate, fermented foods, artificial food colors, processed meats and various kinds of fruits and vegetables.
- Restrictions salicylate. It is a substance found in aspirin and certain foods. In these cases it is advisable to avoid most plant foods (mostly as fruit should be avoided except apples, pears and mangoes peeled) and although several vegetables are very low in salicylates should peel and cook the vegetables before consumption. It even recommends avoiding almonds, artificial colors and flavors.
To treat hives naturally, there are home remedies that will ease the discomfort. However it is essential to consult with a doctor before implementing them:
- • Moisten a cloth with cold water and place it on the affected area to reduce inflammation.
- • Prepare some warm oatmeal and apply as a poultice on the affected air. This remedy relieves itching.
- • Apply aloe vera topically to the hives and the surrounding skin of the affected areas. This plant makes the affected skin heal faster and reduces the chances of breaking out in hives on other airlines.
- • Place for a few minutes, a piece of fresh cauliflower on the affected area.
- • Prepare an infusion of chamomile, and apply a warm cloth on the area to be treated.
- • Cut an onion into slices, apply on the skin and secure with a bandage (loosely) for 15 minutes.
- • Use witch hazel directly on the affected area and within minutes the area discomfort disappear.
- • If the urticaria occurred due to tension or stress, it is advisable to prepare an infusion with two tablespoons of lime flowers, chamomile or valerian in 250 ml. water. After five minutes of boiling, strain and drink.
- • Fill the bathtub with warm water and pour a liter of orange blossom water. Stay for 15 minutes. This remedy is ideal if the rash has spread throughout the body; however, if it is located in an area should apply topically infusion.
- • Finely chop several mauve flowers and leaves. Mix with butter until smooth cream. Place the preparation on a sterile gauze and apply on the area for a few minutes.
- • In a bowl 25 grs. of lavender flowers and 100 ml. almond oil; macerate for four weeks. After that, squeeze the flowers and bottle again. Mix two tablespoons of this preparaci6n with two tablespoons of plain yogurt and apply, using gentle massage on the area where the rash appears.
- • In 500 ml. of water, boil two celery sticks for 10 minutes. Strain, soak a sterile gauze and apply on the affected area for a few minutes.
- • Mix a teaspoon of apple cider vinegar with a tablespoon of warm water; applied to the area of urticaria with a cotton ball or swab
- • Whenever a manifestation of urticaria appears, it must consult with the doctor to evaltie the box and indicate the steps.
- • Do not wear tight clothes.
- • Reduce the exposition to the sun.
- Scratch the zone, not datiar the skin.
- • Control is feeding and type of food consumed.
- • Reduce stress
Stop using recipes for Natural home remedies from those web sites that show only visitor’s uploaded remedies. Don’t put your life in danger.
Get all the secret home remedies used by naturopathic practitioners from all over the world compiled into one book — more than 350 pages loaded with more than 3,000 natural alternative cures.Read more