Natural Solutions for Acidity and Natural Remedies for Acidity
Burning or heartburn is a burning sensation that rises to the larynx, and leaves a bitter or acid taste, among several causes, it usually occurs after eating. Discover how to naturally relieve this discomfort
It’s a horrible feeling of fire rising from the stomach to the throat. It is very common, and most people suffered acidity and heartburn at some point. We are referring to acidity in the stomach, a kind of burning or stinging that goes up to the larynx. Generally it associated with the consumption of certain foods or medications, stress or pregnancy, among other triggers.
Besides manifesting as that annoying feeling of esophageal burning, it is also presented as gastric fullness (feeling of being very full) or regurgitation.
Natural relief and natural remedies for acidity
Radio, television and graphic advertising which in many cases call for celebrities to sell their products- flooded with messages which promote “that” drug that in less than a minute would end the heartburn. However, as it’s well known, all drugs lead inherently to one (or several) side effects. Therefore, to avoid a “greater evil” here are homemade solutions to put out that damn fire in your stomach:
- Dilute a teaspoon of sodium bicarbonate in 200 ml. of water. Take small sips, to neutralize the acidity.
- Grate a potato (shelled) to get your juice. Mix with a little water and drink slowly.
- Dilute a tablespoon of apple cider vinegar in 150 ml. of water and drink slowly.
- Cut three lettuce leaves into strips and place in a saucepan of boiling water. Cover and let stand 10 minutes. Strain and drink the resulting liquid slowly.
- Parsley is an ally of the stomach. With just put a couple of leaves in any culinary recipe annoying prevent indigestion.
- Pineapple is another great solution. Eating a couple of slices avoid poor digestion.
- Prepare a juice with four carrots (peeled) and two lettuce leaves. Place ingredients in a blender with 250 ml. water, and stir for five minutes. Strain the resulting liquid and drink in the morning.
- Chewing a few leaves of fresh basil, it is a remarkable remedy to prevent gastric reflux.
- Take a spoonful of honey helps neutralize the pH of the stomach and reduce acid.
- Place several dates soak in a bowl of warm water for an hour and then drink the resulting liquid.
- Chewing a handful of almonds can help combat heartburn.
- Cut 250 g. of white cabbage and place it in a pan; simmer for 45 minutes. Strain and add a pinch of salt. Drink a glass of this warm broth before meals.
- Marinate a handful of flax-seed in a 250 ml. of water for 12 hours. After that, strain and drink daily.
More Natural Remedies for Acidity
Chewing fennel seeds several times a day, not only freshens breath but controls the production of stomach acid.
At breakfast eat oatmeal with milk or yogurt, it is an excellent solution.
Chewing gum increases saliva flow and neutralize gastric juices.
A teaspoon of mustard relieves stomach symptoms.
Take the juice of one lime, diluted with water, to start the day. The citric acid found in lime is a solvent of uric acid which is the primary cause of some types of arthritis.
For prevention, experts advise:
- Avoid being overweight.
- Chew food thoroughly and slowly corner.
- Reduce the consumption of soft drinks, especially during meals.
- Avoid excessive alcohol and coffee.
- Do not remain an empty stomach long.
- Do not skip breakfast.
- Consume in moderation and tomato sauces that contain it.
- Avoid spicy or fatty foods.
- Do not lie down right after corner.
- No bending over or exercising just after corner.
- Quit smoking.
- Reduce stress. It is advisable to do yoga, tai chi or meditation.
It should be noted that there are that help reduce this discomfort, for example, oats, banana, apple, fennel, grape and brown rice.