Natural Home Remedies for Osteoporosis
Sunbathing, intelligent exercises, prevent calcium loss, nutrient boosters add bone mass and of course, use home remedies are the safest steps to prevent osteoporosis.
As you get older, the inside of our bones become porous from a loss of calcium. Total bone mass tends to peak approximately at 35 years. Osteopenia refers to bone mass that is lower than this peak but not yet low enough to be considered osteoporosis. Osteopenia is not a disease, but if you receive this diagnosis you have a higher risk of developing osteoporosis.
It is important to treat low bone mass to prevent osteopenia and at the end osteoporosis. Natural Treatment begins with changes in your lifestyle.
BEST FOOD FOR OSTEOPOROSIS
- We should seriously reconsider the role of dairy products as suppliers of calcium in our diet, because in reality, it has not been proven to reduce the risk of osteoporosis compared with other sources of this mineral.
- There are other suppliers of calcium in nature, which are way better than dairy. We can add these nutrients to our diet, as reinforcement after the age of 50, when our bone mass begins to decrease.
- Maca, for example, has 220 mg of calcium every 3 ounces. Physician Dr. Aguila Calderon, former dean of the University of Lima, Peru (country where Maca is original from) explains that this plant has a lot of absorbable calcium, along with magnesium, so it is highly recommended as food supplement and to avoid decalcification.
- Sesame seeds, meanwhile, are also very rich in calcium, 900 mg every 3 ounces. Simply a tablespoon daily can be added to any meal.
- Soy is also a great source of calcium, but its greatest advantage is containing phytoestrogens. Low estrogen that occurs at menopause causes an accelerated loss of bone calcium. Soy plant estrogens.
THIEVES OF CALCIUM, foods to avoid eating for Osteoporosis
One reason why we need lots of calcium in the western diet is because animal protein, salt and sugar cause excessive elimination of calcium, which would not happen if we avoided these “thieves”
- Excess protein: Protein prevents calcium to be assimilated. And if not found in other foods in our diet, the body will scavenge it directly from the bones.
- Proteins also have phosphorus, which is another element that consume calcium, phosphorus is also found in many soft drinks (especially cola drinks with caffeine and sugar). They should be avoided as they will likely decalcify bone.
- Excess salt: Too much salt, causes an increase in the excretion of calcium through the urine, and the risk of kidney stones.
- Sugar: sugar based diets increase the lack of calcium absorption, also increases the risk of kidney stones. Increases the secretion of cortisol by the adrenal glands which causes calcium to be eliminated in the urine.
- Caffeine: Caffeine is not only in coffee, foods such as chocolate, tea, cola drinks also contain caffeine. Caffeine promotes calcium excretion via urine. Studies show a direct relationship between coffee consumption and the incidence of femoral neck fracture.
Natural Home Remedies for Osteoporosis
NATURAL HOME REMEDIES TO REPAIR BONES
One of the herbs that has been discovered to re-mineralize and repair bones is called equisetum or horsetail, a shrub that grows near the banks of rivers and usually is used as a diuretic.
Along with oats and bamboo sprout, “equisetum arvense” is the most rich in silicon known to man. An adequate supply of organic silicon ensures good osteoarticular health, strengthens the joints and prevent degeneration and strengthen bones and flexible decreasing its porosity and increasing the fixation of minerals.
Silicon salts are essential for calcium absorption and its attachment to the bone, to the formation of new cells and tissue nutrition. The deterioration of the joints, arteries and connective tissue
seems also due to a defective intake or altered metabolism of silicon over the years.
This trace element is also a good vascular protector, which preserves the structure and metabolism of the arterial walls. Furthermore, it lowers cholesterol levels and combat hypertension.
It is always advisable to take the horsetail for a month and discontinue for three weeks before start to take it again. Not recommended for alcoholics, hypotensive, diabetic or pregnant women.
It can be used in many ways.
Horsetail infusion: Pour 1 teaspoon full of dry horse tail in a cup of boiling water. Cover and let stand for 5 minutes and filter. The infusion is quite bitter, so he can take sugar or honey.
Tincture of horsetail: Pour 1/2 ounce fresh horse tail in a dark 3 fl oz bottle and fill with grain spirit (38-40% alcohol). Stir this mixture daily and keep for at least two weeks in hot environment. Filter and consume 30 drops per day.
VITAMIN “D” IS VITAL
Many studies give a very important role to vitamin D in bone health.
Vitamin D is formed in the skin by exposure to ultraviolet rays, it is in very few foods and its function is to promote calcium absorption in the intestine.
To achieve good levels of vitamin D from sun exposure, between 15 and 20 minutes are enough
Exercise for Osteoporosis
Exercise is a major determinant of bone density. Some studies have found that one hour of moderate exercise three times a week, is enough to prevent bone loss and even increase it in helps postmenopausal women.
By contrast, going to the opposite extreme, freezing, increases twice urinary and fecal excretion of calcium, causing a severe problem of imbalance in the mineral metabolism. Including the application of a cast or an immobilizer to treat a fracture, bone demineralization generates.
Exercise should be done to strengthen the bone (so, for example, swimming does not have a marked effect) and high impact exercises should be avoided. Lifting weights can be very beneficial, but of course with moderate routine to avoid the risk of fractures or injuries from carrying heavy weights.
Your doctor may want you to increase your physical activity, especially exercises with your own body weight. The exercises with your own body weight can help your bones become stronger. They can also build muscle and improve your balance, which can help prevent bone fractures. Examples of exercises using your own body weight include walking, jogging and climbing stairs.
Stop using recipes for Natural home remedies from those web sites that show only visitor’s uploaded remedies. Don’t put your life in danger.
Get all the secret home remedies used by naturopathic practitioners from all over the world compiled into one book — more than 350 pages loaded with more than 3,000 natural alternative cures.Read more
Home Remedies Menu
- Acidity and Gas
- Age Spots
- Alcohol Detox
- Alzheimers Disease
- Anti Aging
- Attention Deficit Disorder ADD
- Athlete’s foot
- Bad Breath
- Back Pain
- Bee Sting
- Bed Sores
- Bladder Infection
- Bloodshot Eye
- Body Odor
- Breastfeeding Problems
- Bone Fracture
- Canker Sores
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
- Chicken Pox
- Cold sores
- Chronic Fatigue Syndrome
- Dark Under Eye Circles
- Dark Circles Under The Eyes
- Dark Eye Circles
- Dog Bite
- Dry Skin
- Ear Infection
- Eye Problem
- Fibrocystic Breast
- Hair Loss
- Hair loss in Women
- Hair Problem
- High Blood Pressure
- Heart Care
- Hives Urticaria
- Immune System
- Intestinal Worms
- Insomnia How to Get to Sleep
- Kidney Stones
- Leg Cramps
- Low Blood Sugar
- Mature Skin
- Morning Sickness
- Nail Care
- Nausea and Vomiting
- Nose Bleed
- Oily Skin
- Peptic Ulcer
- Poison Ivy and Poison Oak
- Benign Prostatic Hypertrophy (BPH)
- Quit Smoking
- Retinitis Pigmentosa
- Sinus Infection
- Sore Throat and Strep Throat
- Skin Cancer
- Skin Care Products
- Skin blemish
- Skin problems
- Spider Veins
- Stop Balding
- Stretch Marks
- Swine Flu
- Sunburn First Aid
- Toe Fungus
- Varicose Veins
- Get Rid of Warts…
- White Teeth
- Wrinkles Natural Treatment
- Yeast Infection
Like Us on Facebook
- Know if you have nasal allergies
- Home Remedies for Dry Eyes
- Soothe Muscle Contractures Naturally with Rosemary and Lavender
- Cure excess uric acid, overweight and rheumatic diseases with horsetail
- Eating mushrooms to improve health
- WHEN TO USE VITAMINS
- Home Remedies for Appendicitis
- Natural Remedies for Acidity
- Eliminate Ciatica, Cramps and Bone Problems with Herbal Medicines
- Natural Juices To treat Lupus
- Prostate cancer can be prevented with tomato
- Quinoa and Amaranth Cereals for Diabetes
- Tuna and Sardines Cure and Prevent
- 10 FOODS TO STOP AGING
- Clean the Lymphatic System with Ginger and Turmeric Cayenne
- Remedy for Gallstones
- News on Nutrition for Cancer Patients
- 13 Vegetable Juices to Cure Common Health Problems
- Home Remedies for Tennis Elbow
- Rosemary relieves joint pains, colds and indigestion
- 10 CORONARY CARE FOODS to protect the heart
- Natural treatment for hives
- Ten Tips for osteoarthritis patients
- Nutrition Tips For Immune System
- Healing Properties of Cilantro
- Resveratrol Can Stop Aging
- Vitamin Deficiency
- Home Remedies to Cure Insomnia
- Honey Cures and Home Remedies
- Home Remedies for Bone Pain
- The power of Noni to Heal Diabetes
- Nutritional Solutions for Constipation
- Difference between a mole and a melanoma
- Healing properties of mushrooms
- Respiratory diseases in children
- Diabetes and Nutrition
- Omega 3
- Natural Antibiotics
- Home Remedies for Stomach Ache
- Home Remedies for Eye Injury
- The Benefits of Cereals
- Food Allergy
- Insect Repellents
- Poisonous Plants
- Chronic Fatigue Syndrome and Magnesium deficiency
- The ABC to treat BLEEDING NOSE
- Parkinson’s Disease Remedies
- Strong Immune System for Winter
- Improve Fertility
- Diabetes Risks During Vacation
- Beauty Tips and Remedies
- Nutritional Advice To Keep You Feeling Better
- Essential Tips To Increase Your Knowledge Of Organic Gardening
- Home Remedies for Depression
- Strategies On How To Get Rid Of Arthritis
- Best Ways To Improve Memory Easily
- Home Remedies During Pregnancy
- Use These Tips to Relieve Tinnitus
- Hair Loss Treatment by Fibond
- What Everyone That’s Getting Acupuncture Needs To Know First
- Great Advice and Tips On Juicing
- Tips That Will Help You With Your Back Pain
- Cope With Cancer By Using These Helpful Tips
- Straight Forward Acne Home Remedies
- Easy Tips On How To Lose Weight Fast
- Useful Tips For Helping Your Asthma Condition
- Panic Attacks, Simple Tips to Help You Deal with Anxiety
- Home Remedies Sleep Apnea
- Control Your Acne Today With These Home Remedies for Acne
- Things To Do In Order To Get Rid Of Yeast Infection
- Anti-Snoring Remedies and Tips
- Eliminate Cellulite By Using This Natural Alternative
- White Spots on Nails
- Simple Home Treatments for Hemorrhoids
- Easy Steps to Get White Teeth
- Steatosis Fatty Liver
- 16 Tips to feel 10 years younger
- 5 Foods That Help Cure Insomnia
- Natural Cures for Halitosis
- Hair Loss Treatment
- Home Remedies for Sinus Infections
- Home Remedies Chest Congestion
- Natural Ways to Remove Warts
- Amazon Best Seller
- 8 Common Remedies for Dark Circles Under the Eyes
- Vitamin A
- Recommended Daily Allowances
- Natural Home Remedies Arthritis
- Home Remedies to Lose Weight
- Herbs For Beauty Skin
- Sunburn Instant Relief
- Cures For Insomnia
- Home Remedies Side Effects
- Making Home Remedies
- Insomnia Remedy
- Natural Cure For Insomnia
- Understand and Remove Cellulite with Home Remedies…
- Home Remedies Goldenseal
- MSM (methyl-sulfonyl-methane)
- Home Remedies Echinacea