Disorders that decrease the quality of sleep affects 30% of the adult population worldwide. The good news is that in many cases, simple changes of habit, some tips and natural remedies help to end this problem.
Sleep disorders are very common, as it is estimated that 30% of adults suffer some inconvenience to sleep. Among them, the most common is insomnia, which may be sporadic or chronic; This affects 12% of the population, there are numerous people that most nights get little sleep.
WHY DOES IT HAPPENS?
Sleep occupies a third of the life of people and their alteration causes problems in the body and mind. Insomnia is the difficulty that occurs in any part of the sleep period, may be at the start, sleep onset insomnia in the course of the night, insomnia fragmentation, or may be waking up early, staying asleep or to both. Sleep is essential for brain function. The quality of sleep affects mood, in hormone rhythms in cognitive performance that involves memory, attention and learning and neuronal plasticity, which is the ability to interact differently with the environment.
Chronic inability to sleep properly at night worsens in modern societies by multiple factors, ranging from food to the people who have access to a greater amount of stimulation systems such as Internet, games, tv series, which keeps awake with an induced insomnia. But this is only one of the causes of this disease that affects millions.
INSOMNIA CAUSES AND CONSEQUENCES
The causes of insomnia are varied. Poor sleeping environment with noise or light, have the TV or computer in the bedroom, is more common than we think cause. Stress, of course; the use of stimulants such as caffeine, energy drinks and snuff, to lose sleep and many people ignore it. The alcohol, inadequate nutrition that produces discomfort, lack of organizational routines during the day, sedentary lifestyle, obesity, use of certain drugs, care of children, physical pain; and emotional problems between the two are frequent cause of insomnia, depression and anxiety. On the other hand, reflux and heartburn are common cause of insomnia and some parasites can cause it too.
There are also sleep disorders that disrupt rest and take away quality. The most common are sleep apnea, where breathing stops abruptly for a few seconds duration and causes micro awakenings during the night; and restless legs syndrome. Besides insomnia, other incidents may occur during the high as snoring – 10.5% of the general population snore when sleeping or nightmares, sleep walking or talking, restless legs, teeth grinding (bruxism) or sleep disruption by headaches.
One of the most serious problems when chronic insomnia occurs is the fear of not sleeping, people with insomnia have much fear of not sleeping and that creates them high anxiety, which does not allow them to sleep or back to sleep if they wake . Fear not sleep is one of the most difficult aspects of treating insomnia.
Insomnia affects everyday life, medical consultation is needed when a person has not a good performance and is tired in the day, when drowsiness occurs when concentration is required to read, being in class, driving for example; if snoring or sleep apnea is detected, when you can not fall asleep and nocturnal awakenings occur many. It usually begins with nonpharmacological treatments like correction lifestyle.
There are acute insomnia caused by a difficult situation that can be medicated so that the patient does not begin with the fear of not falling asleep and entering a cycle of anxiety and insomnia, but it is not always necessary to use psychoactive drugs.
List of Home Remedies to Cure Insomnia
HERBS THAT HELP SLEEP
There are many plants that are used for sleep disorders, especially sleep deprivation, frequent awakenings associated with anxiety, nightmares or stress; and difficulty falling asleep at bedtime.
- -Azahar: This is the petals of citrus aurantium, Amara, or the bitter orange tree species from China frequently used by its many virtues. Contain a core composed of terpene hydrocarbons limonene and alcohols Ramada antispasmodic, hypnotic sedative, and central nervous system. Orange blossom as a remedy for insomnia has many advantages: it is antispasmodic, improves respiratory problems, especially the nervous cough; protects the capillaries and low stress. You can take an infusion of the petals or essential oil to scent the room used for sleeping.
- – Passiflora – Passion Flower: The aerial parts of the Passiflora incarnata L have sedative and antispasmodic action, slightly depressing the central nervous system and are used in both insomnia and anxiety disorders, and palpitations. It is available in mother tinctures and tablets, often associated with other natural sedatives.
- – Chamomile : against what is known, the best way to exploit the properties of is infusion on warm water, not boiling. Inflorescences and bracts, small leaves of a flower whose armpit leaves are used. It may be left to macerate for a few hours even in cold water or making a tincture at home, with grain alcohol, leaving macerate 21 days in dark place. They take 30 drops before bedtime.
- – St. John’s Wort: It is a natural antidepressant, which lowers anxiety. Infusions are made and can be purchased in tincture or tablets. It should be noted that the Wort is hypericum or photosensitizing, so during treatment must protect skin from the sun to avoid suffering or discomfort.
- – Lavender: It has many uses in cosmetics and external applications. To facilitate sleep, it is advisable to use it in a hot bath in which a few drops of essential oil of this plant are added. Diluted lavender oil can be applied on the temples or impregnating a pad that is placed near the body overnight. Tea lavender fibers but also consumes less effective.
- – Valerian root of this plant, which has an unpleasant odor when dry, is sedative, hypnotic and improves muscle spasms either or viscera. Their properties have been the subject of numerous studies. Contains alkaloids that can be very useful in the acute insomnia and people who do not sleep for somatic manifestations of anxiety, such as palpitations and digestive disturbances or extrasystoles. The best way to consume the valerian tincture, combined with others according to the symptoms.
- – Kidron: Its nice lemony taste has made him famous, but this plant has carminative antitumor, antibacterial, antihistamine, fungicidal, expectorant, anti cancer, anti-inflammatory, antispasmodic, hepatoprotective, antioxidant, anti-asthmatic, antitussive and. Ideally consume an infusion after dinner.
- – Verbena: Lowers levels of anxiety, menstrual and rheumatic pain and nervous exhaustion. It is preferable to consume soft infusions. Another option is to use it in compresses, using infusion of a spoonful of dry fiber per cup of water for application to warm temperature on the forehead or abdomen.
Sleep is essential for brain function. The quality of sleep affects mood, in hormone rhythms in cognitive-performance involving memory, attention and learning and neuronal plasticity, which is the ability to interact differently with the environment.
8 Basic Tips and Home Remedies to Cure Insomnia
Many people can end their insomnia following these simple guidelines.
- 1) Avoid naps
- 2) Remove stimulants (caffeine, nicotine)
- 3) Maintain a regular sleep schedule all week
- 4) The place where you go to sleep must be dark
- 5) Limit alcohol
- 6) Exercise regularly, but avoid exercise. 5 hours before it to sleep
- 7) Use the bed only for sleeping or having sex. Do not read or work.
- 8) If you suffer from stomach acidity hoarse, have joint pain, night sweats or any problem that interferes with your sleep, try this affection will double benefit: no wait wings and consult a physician.
Stop using recipes for Natural home remedies from those web sites that show only visitor’s uploaded remedies. Don’t put your life in danger.
Get all the secret home remedies used by naturopathic practitioners from all over the world compiled into one book — more than 350 pages loaded with more than 3,000 natural alternative cures.Read more