Home Remedies for Menopause
Menopause is not a disease, but a new phase in an older woman’s life, it usually causes ovulation to cease and consequently menstruation stops. This natural progression in life starts many years before menopause symptoms actually begin to show. Hormone levels can fluctuate for several years before eventually becoming so low that the endometrium stays thin and does not bleed. You can reduce the symptoms by using home remedies menopause found in this website.
Normally the ovaries start to slow the production of hormones like estrogen, testosterone and progesterone. Although estrogen is an important sex and reproductive hormone, it is also present in many non reproductive organs and the body uses estrogen for many other functions, like bone formation, heart, liver breast and bladder function, it is need as well to keep the skin moist and healthy, and to regulate body temperature.
Low estrogen levels causes changes in collagen production, affecting hair, nails, skin and tendons. The skin may become dryer, thinner, less elastic, more prone to bruising and skin itching may occur.
On the long run the shortage of estrogen contributes to developing heart disease, cardiovascular problems, osteoporosis, tooth decay, and a variety of vaginal complications.
The average age of the natural menopause is 51 years, but can occur much earlier or later. Menopause occurring before the age of 45 is called early menopause and before the age of 40 is premature menopause. Perimenopause is the stage from the beginning of menopausal symptoms to the postmenopause.
Postmenopause is the time following the last period, and is usually defined as more than 12 months with no periods in someone with intact ovaries, or immediately following surgery if the ovaries have been removed.
Complete symptom list:
- Hot Flashes:
Our body’s thermostat is located in the hypothalamus are of the brain, which stops working properly if level of estrogen are not sufficient. This will cause you to experience extremely hot or cold sensations; sometimes you could feel so hot that you would want to strip your close in public while other people feel very comfortable with the temperature and other times you could feel shivering cold in 90 degrees F.
- Sleep Problems:
It is not certain if estrogen have an effect on sleeping patterns, however other symptoms caused by estrogen deficiency could be culprit of sleep problems during and after menopause, irritability, hot flashes during the night. Hormone replacement has shown to improve insomnia and sleeping problems, but this could be related to the reduction of hot flushes, mood swings and irritability all of which are helped by increasing levels of estrogen.
- Vaginal Dryness:
And inadequate vaginal lubrication can be a very disturbing for most women due to the pain, discomfort and sometimes bleeding experienced during sexual intercourse. Without estrogen
- Aches and Pains:
One peculiar symptom of menopause is an increase in frequency of normal aches, such as, headaches, neck, joint and back pains are most common.
- Bladder Problems:
Most women going through menopause complain of the following bladder problems, bladder infection, low bladder capacity, inability to contain urine, frequent urination. These problems start when bladder tissue becomes to be deprived of estrogen.
- Skin Problems:
Our skin and collagen fibers are very sensitive to levels of estrogen, a hormone deficiency causes, dry, thinner and aging looking skin, irritation, and wrinkles.
Irritability, depression, personality changes and anxiety are very common during depression; these changes can carry a loss of sexual desire. Although these problems are related to the shortage of estrogen, some may be caused by the inability to cope with the psychological impact caused by all the other symptoms. Added to all this is the fact that in many cases women going through menopause might also be under a number of other stressful situations during this period. Things like teenage children, children moving out, aging parents and spouse’s mid-life crisis can also influence in the state of mind of menopausal women.
Many of the symptoms and discomforts experienced during menopause can be relieved by using natural home remedies, things like changing your diet and using some very specific herbs have shown remarkable improvements in women going through menopause.
List of Home Remedies for Menopause
- To increase your levels of estrogen try increasing your consumption of plants which contain estrogenic substances:
Alfalfa, soybeans, soy sprouts, crushed flaxseeds, garlic, green beans, sesame seeds, wheat, yams, pumpkin seeds, cucumbers, corn, apples, anise seeds, cabbage, beets, olive oil, olives, papaya, oats, peas, sunflower seeds, are all important sources of natural estrogens and as you can imagine they are loaded with vitamins, fiber and minerals essential not only for menopause, but to maintain an overall good health.
- To reduce hot flashes:
Drink 8 glasses of steam-distilled water.
Take 800 mg. of evening primerose oil, three times a day.
- Hot Flashes Reducing tincture.
2 teaspoons of cohosh root tincture.
1 teaspoon of don quai root tincture.
1 teaspoon of sarsaparilla tincture.
1 teaspoon of licorice root tincture.
1 teaspoon of chaste tree tincture.
1 teaspoon ginseng root tincture.
Mix all the ingredients and take 3 dropperfuls a day.
- Toner for Dry Skin.
Toners are used to improve the appearance of the skin, to soothe and to nourish. Men can use toners as aftershaves.
2 ounces aloe vera gel.
2 ounces orange-blossom water.
1 tsp. wine vinegar.
6 drops rose geranium essential oil.
4 drops sandalwood essential oil.
1 drop chamomile essential oil. *
800 UI vitamin E oil. (Puncture a gel capsule with a needle)
- Cream for Dry Skin.
3/4 ounces beeswax, shaved. (do not use paraffin)
1 cup vegetable oil.
1 cup of distilled water.
800 IU vitamin E (from a liquid gel)
24 drops rose geranium essential oil.
Heat beeswax and oil in a pot until beeswax melts (it should be warm enough to the touch but without discomfort). In a separate pot heat water until is warm to the touch. Remove the center part of your blender’s lid and pour the water in. Turn the blender on high speed and slowly but steadily add the oil and wax mixture. The whole concoction should begin to solidify. Keep adding oil until the mixture does not take any more. Turn off the blender and using a spatula, place the cream in a wide mouthed container.
- Take 50mcg. of selenium 2,000 mg of vitamin C and 10 mg of beta-carotene, once a day to improve skin and help with vaginal dryness.
- Vaginal Dryness lotion
1 ounce of almond oil.
2 drops of geranium essential oil.
One capsule of 1,000 IU of Vitamin E.
Mix all the ingredients and apply inside and outside the vagina twice a day.
Stop using recipes for Natural home remedies from those web sites that show only visitor’s uploaded remedies. Don’t put your life in danger.
Get all the secret home remedies used by naturopathic practitioners from all over the world compiled into one book — more than 350 pages loaded with more than 3,000 natural alternative cures.Read more
Home Remedies Menu
- Acidity and Gas
- Age Spots
- Alcohol Detox
- Alzheimers Disease
- Anti Aging
- Attention Deficit Disorder ADD
- Athlete’s foot
- Bad Breath
- Back Pain
- Bee Sting
- Bed Sores
- Bladder Infection
- Bloodshot Eye
- Body Odor
- Breastfeeding Problems
- Bone Fracture
- Canker Sores
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
- Chicken Pox
- Cold sores
- Chronic Fatigue Syndrome
- Dark Under Eye Circles
- Dark Circles Under The Eyes
- Dark Eye Circles
- Dog Bite
- Dry Skin
- Ear Infection
- Eye Problem
- Fibrocystic Breast
- Hair Loss
- Hair loss in Women
- Hair Problem
- High Blood Pressure
- Heart Care
- Hives Urticaria
- Immune System
- Intestinal Worms
- Insomnia How to Get to Sleep
- Kidney Stones
- Leg Cramps
- Low Blood Sugar
- Mature Skin
- Morning Sickness
- Nail Care
- Nausea and Vomiting
- Nose Bleed
- Oily Skin
- Peptic Ulcer
- Poison Ivy and Poison Oak
- Benign Prostatic Hypertrophy (BPH)
- Quit Smoking
- Retinitis Pigmentosa
- Sinus Infection
- Sore Throat and Strep Throat
- Skin Cancer
- Skin Care Products
- Skin blemish
- Skin problems
- Spider Veins
- Stop Balding
- Stretch Marks
- Swine Flu
- Sunburn First Aid
- Toe Fungus
- Varicose Veins
- Get Rid of Warts…
- White Teeth
- Wrinkles Natural Treatment
- Yeast Infection
Like Us on Facebook
- Know if you have nasal allergies
- Home Remedies for Dry Eyes
- Soothe Muscle Contractures Naturally with Rosemary and Lavender
- Cure excess uric acid, overweight and rheumatic diseases with horsetail
- Eating mushrooms to improve health
- WHEN TO USE VITAMINS
- Home Remedies for Appendicitis
- Natural Remedies for Acidity
- Eliminate Ciatica, Cramps and Bone Problems with Herbal Medicines
- Natural Juices To treat Lupus
- Prostate cancer can be prevented with tomato
- Quinoa and Amaranth Cereals for Diabetes
- Tuna and Sardines Cure and Prevent
- 10 FOODS TO STOP AGING
- Clean the Lymphatic System with Ginger and Turmeric Cayenne
- Remedy for Gallstones
- News on Nutrition for Cancer Patients
- 13 Vegetable Juices to Cure Common Health Problems
- Home Remedies for Tennis Elbow
- Rosemary relieves joint pains, colds and indigestion
- 10 CORONARY CARE FOODS to protect the heart
- Natural treatment for hives
- Ten Tips for osteoarthritis patients
- Nutrition Tips For Immune System
- Healing Properties of Cilantro
- Resveratrol Can Stop Aging
- Vitamin Deficiency
- Home Remedies to Cure Insomnia
- Honey Cures and Home Remedies
- Home Remedies for Bone Pain
- The power of Noni to Heal Diabetes
- Nutritional Solutions for Constipation
- Difference between a mole and a melanoma
- Healing properties of mushrooms
- Respiratory diseases in children
- Diabetes and Nutrition
- Omega 3
- Natural Antibiotics
- Home Remedies for Stomach Ache
- Home Remedies for Eye Injury
- The Benefits of Cereals
- Food Allergy
- Insect Repellents
- Poisonous Plants
- Chronic Fatigue Syndrome and Magnesium deficiency
- The ABC to treat BLEEDING NOSE
- Parkinson’s Disease Remedies
- Strong Immune System for Winter
- Improve Fertility
- Diabetes Risks During Vacation
- Beauty Tips and Remedies
- Nutritional Advice To Keep You Feeling Better
- Essential Tips To Increase Your Knowledge Of Organic Gardening
- Home Remedies for Depression
- Strategies On How To Get Rid Of Arthritis
- Best Ways To Improve Memory Easily
- Home Remedies During Pregnancy
- Use These Tips to Relieve Tinnitus
- Hair Loss Treatment by Fibond
- What Everyone That’s Getting Acupuncture Needs To Know First
- Great Advice and Tips On Juicing
- Tips That Will Help You With Your Back Pain
- Cope With Cancer By Using These Helpful Tips
- Straight Forward Acne Home Remedies
- Easy Tips On How To Lose Weight Fast
- Useful Tips For Helping Your Asthma Condition
- Panic Attacks, Simple Tips to Help You Deal with Anxiety
- Home Remedies Sleep Apnea
- Control Your Acne Today With These Home Remedies for Acne
- Things To Do In Order To Get Rid Of Yeast Infection
- Anti-Snoring Remedies and Tips
- Eliminate Cellulite By Using This Natural Alternative
- White Spots on Nails
- Simple Home Treatments for Hemorrhoids
- Easy Steps to Get White Teeth
- Steatosis Fatty Liver
- 16 Tips to feel 10 years younger
- 5 Foods That Help Cure Insomnia
- Natural Cures for Halitosis
- Hair Loss Treatment
- Home Remedies for Sinus Infections
- Home Remedies Chest Congestion
- Natural Ways to Remove Warts
- Amazon Best Seller
- 8 Common Remedies for Dark Circles Under the Eyes
- Vitamin A
- Recommended Daily Allowances
- Natural Home Remedies Arthritis
- Home Remedies to Lose Weight
- Herbs For Beauty Skin
- Sunburn Instant Relief
- Cures For Insomnia
- Home Remedies Side Effects
- Making Home Remedies
- Insomnia Remedy
- Natural Cure For Insomnia
- Understand and Remove Cellulite with Home Remedies…
- Home Remedies Goldenseal
- MSM (methyl-sulfonyl-methane)
- Home Remedies Echinacea