Dark circles under the eyes are noticeable because the layer of skin (and underlying fat) are thinnest at this point compared to other parts of your body, so the deep purple color of the blood in the vessels shows through. The lighter your skin color, the more the color from the blood vessels shows through. We have more blood vessels per area in the head (one of the reason a head wound produces so much more blood compared to cuts in other parts of the body). So not only does the thinner skin allow more of the purple from the blood vessels show through, there are more blood vessels, proportionally, to be seen.
Dark circles under eyes can be hereditary if deep-set eyes happen to run in the family. For others, dark circles can also occur as part of the aging process, as the skin under the eye begins to thin with age, leading to a hollow, sunken look. Medical research has also shown that they may be the result of leaking blood vessels, causing the dark tone to the skin under the eye, or simply from allergies and congestion.
Dark circles are very unsightly, they rob your face of its glow and give you a very dull and tired look. Millions of dollars are made by cosmetic products that only cover the problem, this products are packed with chemicals that are harsh on the skin. Not only this, several among these are expensive and only a temporary relief. A few also produce serious side effects.
List of 8 Home Remedies for Dark Circles Under the Eyes
- 1.Soak cotton in cucumber or potato juice and place it on closed eyelids for 5-10 minutes and relax. Alternatively, you can apply the juice with cotton on the dark circles. If done regularly, this home remedy for dark circles is very effective.
- 2.Apply almond oil on the dark circles before going to bed or in the morning as almond is a natural bleach.
- 3.Soak 3-4 almonds overnight. In the morning peel its skin and and grind it to a smooth paste with a little milk. Apply this paste to the dark circles and leave it till it dries. Wipe it off with cotton wool dipped in warm water or milk.
- 4. Grind 3-4 blanched almonds with a few drops of lemon juice, a tsp of grated potato and a little fresh cream. Apply it on the dark circles and wipe it with cotton wool dipped in warm milk.
- 5.Mix a pinch of turmeric powder with a little pineapple juice and apply it on the dark circles.
- 6.Steep chamomile tea bag in boiling water, cool it, chill it and apply it to puffy eyes.
- 7.Try to reduce your salt intake in your diet to get rid of puffy eyes.
- 8.Keep a chilled used tea bag on the eyes for 10 minutes and relax. This gets rid of puffy eyes.
Stop using recipes for Natural home remedies from those web sites that show only visitor’s uploaded remedies. Don’t put your life in danger.
Get all the secret home remedies used by naturopathic practitioners from all over the world compiled into one book — more than 350 pages loaded with more than 3,000 natural alternative cures.Read more